Who Knew?: 15 Awesome Facts About Essential Oils
It’s been shown that essential oils have numerous benefits. From health to beauty, you can use essential oils for just about anything! Aside from those uses, there are probably many other things you want to know about essential oils. If you’re just diving into the world of essential oils, let us help you get started with some info! We’ve got fifteen awesome facts about essential oils right here:
- Essential oils like orange oil and peppermint can be used in cooking. They need to be used sparingly, though. A few drops go a long way!
- If you want to avoid deodorant with aluminum in it, you can make an all-natural deodorant using essential oils. Coconut oil mixed with baking soda works great!
- Many essential oils can be used to reduce stress and anxiety because of their calming properties. Lavender oil, clove oil and eucalyptus oil are just a few of the essential oils that have calming properties.
- If you’re suffering with a bad cold, essential oils can help. Putting a few drops of rosemary, spearmint or peppermint oil in a diffuser can relieve cold symptoms like congestion.
- Many people use water to dilute their essential oils, but it is actually better to dilute them with a carrier oil like coconut oil.
- If you struggle with brain fog, you may find some relief from essential oils. Peppermint oil is one oil that has been shown to produce mental clarity and increase cognitive skills.
- Storing your essential oils in the fridge can actually destroy their beneficial properties. For the best results, essential oils should be kept at room temperature in a dark, dry area.
- Many people don’t realize that essential oils can expire! Much like food items, they have a shelf life. If you store them for too long, they will lose their potency.
- Essential oils can be used in place of commercial skincare products. Tea tree oil, for example, is great for treating acne and blemishes.
- If you want to clean your house without the use of harsh chemical cleansers, you can make your own cleansers with essential oils. Lemon essential oil is especially good for cleaning because of its fresh scent.
- There are two ways to extract essential oils: distillation and solvent extraction. Extracting essential oils through distillation is used when you want a more powerful, potent oil.
- Essential oils can derive from various parts of a plant, including the bark, stems, leaves and flower petals. Oils like lemon and orange oil are actually extracted from the rind of their respective fruits.
- Essential oils are nothing new – they are 150 references to essential oils in the Bible!
- Using essential oils is not exclusive to any one country or location in particular. Almost every country in the world has recognized the beneficial uses for essential oils for centuries now!
- There’s definitely a lot of essential oils to choose from. There are over 100 that are officially recognized!
Tags: essential oil facts, essential oil uses, essential oils, facts about essential oils, uses for essential oils
Categorised in: Blog